We are a web start-up passionate about changing the world through great software, and are seeking three exceptional web application developers to join us. We are building an innovative and open survey platform that aims to enhance the way people use group intelligence to collaborate and grow. The ideal candidate would be entrepreneurial, intelligent and disciplined, with significant experience developing scalable web applications. We are as dedicated to building a great culture as we are to building a great product, and aim to establish a place of work where creators can feel the joy of innovation, work on something meaningful, contribute to society, and work to their hearts' content.
This new venture is a spin off from Integral Development – a unique and successful leadership development company based in Perth. ID has a core team of 15 management consultants, executive coaches and staff who are dedicated to providing exceptional services. ID’s clients include many of Australia’s leading companies, government agencies and not for profit organisations. Please visit our website for further info.
You will be part of a small team of developers that:
- manage the web server hosting during beta
- provide technical training and support to clients when necessary during beta
- build APIs to facilitate integration with other popular web applications
- participate in project planning/estimation with the project team.
We require developers that have a university degree in computer science or similar.
This requirement can be waived if you’re a certified genius who dropped out to do something cooler.
Essential Technical Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of web application development
- HTML & CSS
- database design and management
- web server configuration and management
- web Application Development frameworks – particularly CodeIgniter or Zend
- cross-browser compatibility issues
Desirable Technical Experience
Ideally we’re looking for someone who has experience in:
- large-scale web application development
- API development
- integration with popular 3rd-party API
- using leading open-source Content Management Systems
- experience in an entrepreneurial environment and in small-team settings
- experience with open source development
- simplicity – you aim for simplicity and elegance over technical complexity.
- collaboration – you have great collaborative teamwork skills, as well as the ability to work well independently.
- speed – you design and iterate rapidly, and are one of those folks who somehow get much more done.
- structure – you have good documentation skills, and are able to create lightweight but efficient processes.
- perfection – you have excellent debugging skills/you’ve never met a bug that’s gotten the better of you.
- design – you have an understanding of good UI design principles of good usability.
- time management – proven ability to manage time while working on a variety of tasks and meet key milestones.
Compensation & Perks
- small company with respectful, creative and relaxed peers.
- salary appropriate to skill level and experience.
- opportunities for equity for those with skill and enthusiasm.
- opportunities for substantial profit sharing.
- yearly two-day “retreat” at Rottnest.
- executive/life coaching.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to, Jonah Cacioppe - firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please call +61 (8) 9242 8122.